Saturday, January 2, 2016

Beloved Bouquet Wedding

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well, it's that time of the year for new beginnings. And what better way to start then with a Wedding Card I made for our Niece who is getting married today. 


The paper pack and Rose Stamp I used are Brand New from the Close to my Heart, Spring Seasonal Expressions Book which you can order from as of Yesterday, until the end of April. 

The paper pack is called Charlotte. What an array of beautiful papers in this pack. 

The Rose and Leaves are form the January Stamp of the Month called "Beloved Bouquet". I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stamp set. I can't wait to play and create more with this set this week. This set is only available from January 1-31, 2016.

I stamped the Rose in Sorbet Ink on Watercolor Paper and embossed it with Clear Detail Embossing Powder. I then used ink from the lid of the pad and colored in the petals with the water brush. I stamped the leaves on the same paper with Whisper Ink, embossed them, and used the ink from the lid of the whisper pad and water brush. 

The Doily was cut using a die and my Cuttlebug. 
I pulled out an old retired stamp set called "Precious Love" and stamped the Bride and Groom in the center with Slate Ink as well as the Sentiment. The cardstock I used is also slate

I then found embroidery floss in my stash that matched the Sorbet papers and did some Hand Stitching around the three sides of the card. It's been about a year since I did any Hand Stitching on my cards and I didn't realize how much I missed it until I did it again. I 

I then added some retired CTMH pearls to finish it off and some Clear Wink of Stella on the Rose, the dress and veil of the bride. 

If there is anything you see above that you'd like to purchase from this new catalog, the items available have links to them on my website for easy ordering. Or, just browse the online catalogs and see what's new.

Challenges with this card:
Crafting Musketeers - New Beginnings

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

OMG Nancy this is dazzlingly GORGEOUS!!